Accused Bronx School Stabber Endured Racist and Anti-Gay Slurs, Family Says

Share

They were taken to St. Barnabas Hospital for treatment.

"I'm heartbroken at the loss of one of our students and this tragedy should never have taken place", said Schools Chancellor Carmen Fariña.

Cedeno allegedly stabbed both teenagers in the chest around 10:48 a.m. with the three-inch switchblade before walking out of the classroom.

WATCH: Cadeno being escorted to a waiting police carAs detectives questioned Cedeno, his family friend told Eyewitness News that the 18-year-old had been the subject of weeks of taunts and bullying by the two victims.

Some studies have found that black and Hispanic students in charter schools are more likely to attend predominantly nonwhite schools than their peers in traditional schools, partly because charter schools tend to be located in urban areas and are often established specifically to serve low-income students of color. The incident was said to have happened in a classroom full of 15 to 20 students in it during the school's third period, police said, ABC News reported.

Portland woman says family in Puerto Rico feels 'forgotten'
USA states and territories typically cover 25% of the costs , with the federal government paying the remaining 75%. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, congressional sources from both parties said Wednesday.

The morning after a deadly stabbing at a Bronx public school, students from Pre-k to high school will be subject to much tighter security.

Authorities arrested Abel Cendeno, 18, in the attack on his 15 and 16-year-old classmates, though the suspect has not been formally charged, according to the New York Post. The dispute escalated Wednesday, culminating with the attack about 30 minutes into a history class.

The source tells PEOPLE he allegedly handed the weapon to a school counselor before walking to an administrator's office, where he sat and waited for police. The deceased has been identified as a fifteen-year-old, whereas, the one who is admitted in critical condition was reported to be a 16-year-old.

"And less than half of students polled at the school past year - 47 percent - said they felt safe on campus, well below the city average", the report says.

"Two of my students got stabbed and one of them died".

'Strange' - Sean Dyche responds to Leeds fans treatment of Taylor and Wood
Leeds, who have lost just once in all competitions this season, will next face Ipswich Town in a home league fixture on Saturday. Burnley manager, Sean Dyche, was bemused by the reaction Wood and Taylor got from Leeds fans throughout the match.

According to police sources, Cedeno never said a word to cops about why he was targeted by McCree, Laboy and other classmates since school began September 7.

Officials said there will be random checks with metal detectors on Thursday and additional school safety officials will be brought in.

Metal detectors and X-ray scanners were seen being unloaded outside PS 67 Mohegan School in East Tremont before their arrival.

"I tried to called the school".

"Heard he was being harassed", she said. She plans to pull her daughters out of school.

Kevin Hart's Ex-Wife Says Cheating With Current Wife Ruined Their Marriage
Actor/comedian Kevin Hart , recipient of the Comedy Star of the Year Award, attends The CinemaCon Big Screen Achievement Awards. Hart posted an apology video on Instagram Sunday, with the caption, "Sending so many apologies to my wife & kids".

Share