At least 20 killed in blast at Afghanistan mosque


A blast that rocked Afghanistan's provincial capital of Herat on Tuesday has claimed lives of at least 20 people, local news agency reported.

A suicide bomber and a gunman killed more than 20 people at a mosque in Afghanistan´s main western city of Herat Tuesday, the latest attack to highlight a deteriorating security situation in the country.

Police confirmed the attack took place at Jawadya mosque, adding that they believed "two terrorists" were involved.

Fugitive Still on the Run from Alabama Jail, Escaped Using Peanut Butter
Multiple law enforcement agencies have joined the Walker County Sheriff's Office in searching for the escapees by ground and air. The inmates are between 18 to 30 years old and were jailed on charges ranging from disorderly conduct to attempted murder.

No further details have been provided by the outlet so far.

"More than 20 bodies, and more than 30 wounded have so far been brought to the hospital", media outlets quoted hospital spokesman, Rafeeq Shirzai, as saying.

Officials fear the death toll could rise since 10 of the wounded are in critical condition, said Dr. Arif Shahram, the director of Herat Regional Hospital.

Judge: Baby Charlie Gard will end life in hospice, not home
The hospital, she said, had searched for an intensive care specialist who is willing to supervise the care at home, but failed. The judge deciding the issue said he believes there are only two options - Great Ormond Street Hospital or a hospice.

On June 15, a terrorist attack on a Shia community mosque in capital Kabul involving at least two suicide bombers killed at least six people. The incident happened in a Shite mosque. So-called Islamic State (IS) said it had carried out that attack.

Nearly an hour has passed but no one has taken immediate responsibility for the attack.

Shi'ites are a minority in Afghanistan and have been the target of violent attacks by hardline Sunni militants over the past year.

Arab League to hold emergency meeting Wednesday on Israeli escalation against Palestinians
Some prisoners have been held in administrative detention for up to 11 years without any charges brought against them. Three Palestinians were killed in the clashes with Israeli security forces that ensued, and hundreds were injured.